Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas!

Hello lovely ladies! I love doing this blog! We seem to have a few regulars - we've got to get everyone into it. This is such a cool way of keeping in touch!

Break's been really good so far, but definitely busy. It's nice to have a day to chill out. On Thursday, and Friday (I got home on Wednesday night), I went in to sub in the elementary school I worked at over the summer. It was tons of fun, because I knew several of the kids and the aides - plus these autistic kids have the most amazing personalities ever! I come home with endless stories, and I can't stop talking about them. :) I also have been able to see a lot of old friends and hear about how everyone's lives are changing - siblings getting engaged, changing majors (as usual), and a lot of growing up. Sometimes it's weird to see people's lives go on without you, though it's definitely made me realize that God's totally in control, even when the changes aren't good. I was able to hang out a lot with Megan, Steph, and Ally - my three best friends from home. SO good. I do agree with Carson, though, it can get stressful dividing your time among family, friends, and errands.

So, about God time - I still haven't gotten into my routine at home, but I have had generally good quiet times and some fabulous conversations which have made me realize how much God's been at work over the past semester. The last week of being at UVa., I had some really solid journaling time, actually after reading a random blog (I NEVER read blogs, so this was totally God). This girl, Eliza Joy, actually went to UVa., and is now in seminary over at IHOP in Kansas City, MO. She talked about having the "good things" in her life stripped away - tons of Christian friends, comfortable living, entertainment, etc., and that once all that was gone, she saw how much she relied on them to keep her going, and her desire for Jesus was, in fact, really weak. She said that often our desire for the best thing gets dulled by all the good things around us. I totally related to that - I do it all the time, and I think I even make God the common factor in my social circle rather than the source of my life. Through really opening up my heart to God about this and other things on my heart, I was able to see I'd been avoiding and ignoring a lot of my desires and the hearts of others. So, I'm still working on seeking the heart of God, and I'm pumped to go to IHOP (prayer, not pancakes:)! I think God has some amazing stuff in store!

Well, I guess that's about all for now! Merry Christmas, and I pray that you see Jesus in this day and every day! Love you!

No comments: