hello girls!
i have really enjoyed catching up on our blog today...because my internet was down for a few days and then life became very busy around Christmas...so i havent been on since my last post! i just wanted to say that i miss you all bunches and im really excited for seeing all of y'all back at UVA. Christmas was really good for me, and I hope that it was just as good if not better for all of you. I spent a whole lot of time with extended family and friends, and I really felt God's presence throughout all of the goings on. I especially especially LOVED being back at my church for our christmas eve midnight candelight service, it gets me teary eyed and gives me goosebumps every year! on another note, I am very thankful because this year christmas went by without a family argument or anything like that. that may not sound like a lot, but many years have included unpleasant hiccups to the happy spirits and love...so the lack of arguments was really good this year! thanks be to God. that was an unplanned blessing in and of itself.
Right now, I am sitting in a condo in Breckenridge, CO on a ski trip with one of my best friends from highschool. God has definitely been close to me throughout this trip, because today we arrived here after a straight 30 hours of riding in the car. There were pretty bad road conditions due to the snow and ice on the roads, and I can literally say that God saved us on our journey. This morning around 7:00, I was sleeping in the car only to be awoken by my friend's mom screaming because the car was out of control due to an ice skid. We spun around multiple times, crossed the median, and stopped literally 10 feet from the other side of the highway and oncoming traffic. I was very very scared, but I could stay calm because I could feel God's presence and my mind was full of thanks and prayers to him. We are all fine and got out of the embankment with the help of a state trooper, but I know that God is the reason behind our safety and amazing luck.
SO...sorry for the somewhat dramatic news, but I just feel the need to share this and to express my deep deep thanks and gratitude to God. I pray that all of you will remain safe throughout the holiday and your trips back to school; I know that God will be watching over all of us.
I hope that everyone has a wonderful next few weeks! It's going to be a strange change to go back to school after being home for so long, but I am looking forward to it.
I love all of y'all!
<3 Jane Latham
Friday, December 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my! I'm so glad that you're safe! And that's great to hear that your time with your family has been going so well!
Post a Comment